Paranoid FC/CC question

eqbob

Jul 25, 2012
Central Texas
This morning I tested FC/CC levels since the pool temp is just a hair above when the salt cell will turn off and I was going to see what bleach levels I need to add.
FC tested at 7.5, so that's fine.
CC tested at 0.5, which alarmed me, since I never have a CC other than 0 and the pool water temp is 51 so what could possibly be growing anyhow?

My theory is that the storms last night, light rain and lots and lots and lots of wind (did I mention stuff was blown over all over the patio), that there's stuff on the surface that the FC is taking care of, thus creating some CC.

Does that sound right?

If not, what does the collective think is happening?

Can't imagine anything is growing in there??

With a Pentair SWG, the salt cell shuts itself down when the water gets too cold. All of the lights will go out except the Cold Water light. You really dont need to turn it off unless you just want to. If you want to though, you can unscrew the power cord in bottom of the Power Center. Thats the only way I know how.

My water is currently at 51. I don't know how to shut off power to the salt cell short of unscrewing the power lead into the Pentair control cabinet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.