Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Paranoid FC/CC question

1. Back To Top    #1

Paranoid FC/CC question

This morning I tested FC/CC levels since the pool temp is just a hair above when the salt cell will turn off and I was going to see what bleach levels I need to add.
    FC tested at 7.5, so that's fine.
    CC tested at 0.5, which alarmed me, since I never have a CC other than 0 and the pool water temp is 51 so what could possibly be growing anyhow?

My theory is that the storms last night, light rain and lots and lots and lots of wind (did I mention stuff was blown over all over the patio), that there's stuff on the surface that the FC is taking care of, thus creating some CC.

Does that sound right?

If not, what does the collective think is happening?

Can't imagine anything is growing in there??
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Paranoid FC/CC question

Your fine. Like you said the storms moved thru and blew some stuff in the pool. Don't sweat it. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

If stuff got blown into the pool, I'd say your theory sounds appropriate.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

A CC's test result of .5 ppm is the treated the same as if was zero......ignore it.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I got a cold indicator yesterday generating flashing light and water temp is 53 so I shut off the power to the swg. Reset pump schedule to run only 4 hrs to include 3 hrs of cleaner time. Should be good till next spring.
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter

6. Back To Top    #6

My water is currently at 51. I don't know how to shut off power to the salt cell short of unscrewing the power lead into the Pentair control cabinet.
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.

7. Back To Top    #7

With a Pentair SWG, the salt cell shuts itself down when the water gets too cold. All of the lights will go out except the Cold Water light. You really dont need to turn it off unless you just want to. If you want to though, you can unscrew the power cord in bottom of the Power Center. Thats the only way I know how.

Quote Originally Posted by eqbob View Post
    My water is currently at 51. I don't know how to shut off power to the salt cell short of unscrewing the power lead into the Pentair control cabinet.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

8. Back To Top    #8

Setting Enable to NO in the control panel apparently doesn't do it. Mine is still on even with that setting. Probably means it is powered but won't generate. Will have to look at the instructions.