So how do I call my type of pool ?

SPP

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2008
Indonesia
Guys,

I have limitations in my English language skill for certain building materials.
My pool is concrete, so it gets waterproof treatment/coating and ceramic tiles are added as the smooth surface or colored surface. Where they are tiles, there should be grouts...are grouts considered plaster ?

So is my pool considered a plaster pool ?...or what ?
I am asking so that I can fine tune my CH. With the TF-100 test kit I want to start tuning my CH level but I honetly don't know what is the ideal reading ? I seen the Pool School but I assumed plaster pool is without ceramic tiles. HELP.... :shock:

In my country we don't use fiberglasss of vinyl pool, no one sell such service or technology. We have fiberglass pond, small jazucci....yes, but not a swimming pool. It is always concrete and some fancy place might use natural stone or something like that. I think the english word is masonry.

Thanks very much.

SPP

your pool si called a tiled pool. It's one of the variations on a plaster pool. I assume the tiles are glazed. Your suface is actually a bit less reactive than a marcite or exposed aggregate pool so your water chemistry should be a bit more stable. Depending on the grout material you should keep calcium and saturation index the same as a plaster pool. If you have glass tiles and they are grouted with silicone then it's a bit less important.

Wow.... :goodjob: , makes me smatter each day...thanks WB.
Yes the tiles are glazed ( shiny ). The grout is plaster for sure. I never seen any "grout/filler" on tiles in local pool using silicone sealant. But that can be a good idea...yes ?

Once in a while I use my dive gear and brush every grout with tooth brush. My pool is 13 feet deep and I can't do it on breath hold effectively.The grout do cloud a bit when brushed and some have came off exposing bare concrete. I hold a vacuum hose on one hand and a brush on the other...get the pool bottom real clean this way. My pool boy vacuum the pool everyday. There are so much airborne dust in my area. I had my foot sucked once by a vacuum hose dedicated plumbed to my 1.5Hp Pentair pump...boy that hurts... :hammer:

So now I must learn of the possibility of calcium clouding.

Thanks again Gentlemen.
Surya

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.