Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: So how do I call my type of pool ?

1. Back To Top    #1

So how do I call my type of pool ?

Guys,

I have limitations in my English language skill for certain building materials.
    My pool is concrete, so it gets waterproof treatment/coating and ceramic tiles are added as the smooth surface or colored surface. Where they are tiles, there should be grouts...are grouts considered plaster ?

So is my pool considered a plaster pool ?...or what ?
    I am asking so that I can fine tune my CH. With the TF-100 test kit I want to start tuning my CH level but I honetly don't know what is the ideal reading ? I seen the Pool School but I assumed plaster pool is without ceramic tiles. HELP....

In my country we don't use fiberglasss of vinyl pool, no one sell such service or technology. We have fiberglass pond, small jazucci....yes, but not a swimming pool. It is always concrete and some fancy place might use natural stone or something like that. I think the english word is masonry.

Thanks very much.

SPP
    35,000 GL pool. In Ground. Concrete with all white ceramic tiles. Outdoor but shaded.
    Approx 36 ft by 15 feet. 2HP Hayward Super Pump, Hayward Sand Filter with Zelbrite ( Zeolite ), Hayward Cartridge Filter, Aquamatic Silver+Copper Ionizer ( suspended use since Oct 2008 ), Prozone Ozonator, 2 gram/hr, Analog Flowmeter on pipe

Back Up Pump & Filter on trolley, Pentair 1.5HP + Pentair Cartridge Filter, Slime Bag 1 micron Jumbo Size, downstream of Cartridge

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: So how do I call my type of pool ?

Yes, exposed grout is considered to be like plaster in terms of needing calcium to saturate the water with calcium carbonate. So you can use The Pool Calculator to figure out what you need.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks Richard...
    35,000 GL pool. In Ground. Concrete with all white ceramic tiles. Outdoor but shaded.
    Approx 36 ft by 15 feet. 2HP Hayward Super Pump, Hayward Sand Filter with Zelbrite ( Zeolite ), Hayward Cartridge Filter, Aquamatic Silver+Copper Ionizer ( suspended use since Oct 2008 ), Prozone Ozonator, 2 gram/hr, Analog Flowmeter on pipe

Back Up Pump & Filter on trolley, Pentair 1.5HP + Pentair Cartridge Filter, Slime Bag 1 micron Jumbo Size, downstream of Cartridge

4. Back To Top    #4

your pool si called a tiled pool. It's one of the variations on a plaster pool. I assume the tiles are glazed. Your suface is actually a bit less reactive than a marcite or exposed aggregate pool so your water chemistry should be a bit more stable. Depending on the grout material you should keep calcium and saturation index the same as a plaster pool. If you have glass tiles and they are grouted with silicone then it's a bit less important.

5. Back To Top    #5

Wow.... , makes me smatter each day...thanks WB.
    Yes the tiles are glazed ( shiny ). The grout is plaster for sure. I never seen any "grout/filler" on tiles in local pool using silicone sealant. But that can be a good idea...yes ?

Once in a while I use my dive gear and brush every grout with tooth brush. My pool is 13 feet deep and I can't do it on breath hold effectively.The grout do cloud a bit when brushed and some have came off exposing bare concrete. I hold a vacuum hose on one hand and a brush on the other...get the pool bottom real clean this way. My pool boy vacuum the pool everyday. There are so much airborne dust in my area. I had my foot sucked once by a vacuum hose dedicated plumbed to my 1.5Hp Pentair pump...boy that hurts...

So now I must learn of the possibility of calcium clouding.

Thanks again Gentlemen.
    Surya