TS (Hurricane?) Fay

no-mas

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2008
FL
I'm in NE FL and it looks like we have a hurricane or t.s. getting ready to pay a visit. :grrrr: It's the first since I've had my pool built last year. All is well - the water is perfect. I try to keep on top of it. I have a 17k gunite - here are my #s:

pH 7.6
FC 5.0
TC 5.0
CH 300
CYA 60
TA 90

Anything I should/shouldn't do preparing for the storm? Is it ok to put aluminum furniture in the pool? I'm running the pump overnight probably until we lose power, and the swg on boost - or should I add liquid chlorine as a preventative measure? Anything I should/shouldn't do for the screen enclosure? Despite all the rain coming, I'm not worried about flood, but should I do anything for the pump and swg to protect from surges? Turn them off or let them run?

By the way, waterbear, you're not too far from me - hope all is well in the coming days...

jmas65 said:
Is it ok to put aluminum furniture in the pool?
sure is, probably the best place for it. if you cant cart it indoors.
I'm running the pump overnight probably until we lose power, and the swg on boost - or should I add liquid chlorine as a preventative measure?
I wouldn't worry too much about preventives here. Just have plenty of bleach on hand for after storm clean up

Anything I should/shouldn't do for the screen enclosure?
Pray! The framework should stand up to at least a cat 3 but if anything becomes airborne it can take the screens out.
Despite all the rain coming, I'm not worried about flood, but should I do anything for the pump and swg to protect from surges? IF the power goes out turn it off. Or turn it off before the storm hits. Turn them off or let them run?

By the way, waterbear, you're not too far from me - hope all is well in the coming days...
Ditto

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.