Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Reduced Temperature and Bromine

1. Back To Top    #1

Reduced Temperature and Bromine

If I want to turn down the temperature if my hot tub isn't going to be used for a few days, how low can I go? Ive heard that below 85F the bromine no longer works. If I only use it once a week, do I have to do anything different with using the bromine tablets if I want to turn it down between uses?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Reduced Temperature and Bromine

Bromine is just fine at cooler temperatures. If you are using bromine tablets, they will dissolve more slowly at the lower temperatures, so you may need to use two or three at a time, but they will last longer so it won't use any more in total than you were using before.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Our tablets are in a floaty. So dropping the temperature to 70F and leaving it for a couple weeks shouldn't be an issue?

4. Back To Top    #4

Not a problem. You essentially treat it as normal.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School