Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Inequality with water features

1. Back To Top    #1

Inequality with water features

So our Pool has 2 waterfalls and despite contractor claims that plumbing was done correctly their streams are different noticeably different.

Do you guys have any idea what I should do next?
    Should I require him to fix it, which would mean undoing a portion of the deck. Not sure if it's worth the hassle.

The difference in about 3-5 inches.

I'll post a picture later once its bright outside.

I suggested that he block one waterfall to send all the water to the problematic waterfall not sure if that will fix it, but it's something to try.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch and great site guys.
    IG-15,000 Gallons, 26'x19' Depth=3-5',Plaster Finish, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward EcoStar 3400 SPV, Hayward CL-200 inline Chlorinator.
    Pool completed on 11/11/14

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Inequality with water features

Welcome!

I would certainly try to get him to remedy the problem. Done correctly or not, they are different. My first thought is separate valves for flow control to either place. Let us know how it goes when you find a solution.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I can't see a pic, however that doesn't matter. If it's bothering you now, it will drive you bananas later. I would stand my ground on having it fixed to your standards..
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

4. Back To Top    #4

Here are some pictures I just took
    IG-15,000 Gallons, 26'x19' Depth=3-5',Plaster Finish, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward EcoStar 3400 SPV, Hayward CL-200 inline Chlorinator.

5. Back To Top    #5

How are they connected to the pad equipment? Pic there would help too.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

6. Back To Top    #6

Here is the picture of the equipment pad.

The first leftmost valve in the picture is waterfalls (front pipe) and returns (in the back).
    1 pipe for both water falls, which connects to the middle of a 2nd pipe going to both waterfalls supposedly at the same thickness and distance.

equipment pad.jpg

Ugly Drawing Below
    Untitled-1.jpg

7. Back To Top    #7

Well it certainly isn't symmetrical and it doesn't look like it will be easy to fix. Can you get to the waterfall plumbing on the other side of the platform (next to cage)?

Also, is there a way to remove the front part of the water to flush out and clean the orifices? There might have been some debris that got stuck in one but not the other.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

8. Back To Top    #8

That is unacceptable the way it is. PB should remedy.
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump