Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I just realized that the minimum setting for a mechanical Intermatic timer is 1 hour. I ordered a 3gpd fixed Stenner pump, that's 16 ounces minimum. Probably way too much this time of year. I normally use 24-32 ounces during the summer so I figured the 3gpd would be good (not thinking about winter). I use a solar cover, so I'd be surprised to need more than 16 ounces a week.... guess I can manually turn it on as needed until consumption hits 16 ounces (defeats the purpose!). Does it hurt to hit 7-10 ppm when it's supposed to be 4-5?

Anyone tried grinding on the on/off stops on the timer to see if a 30 minute cycle was possible?

Just had a thought, could dilute the Clorox with water 50% during the winter... or actually all the time since I have a 15 gallon drum. Wasn't wanting to buy that much Clorox now anyway.

Hi,
you didnt actually say what your CYA level is, so a comment on the higher FC level would be purely conjecture. The CYA determines the FC.
Anyways,,, If your FC level is actually to be 4-5 based on your CYA, then your level of 7-10 is nothing to worry about. That woulnt even be SLAM level which is perfectly safe. Just let it drift down over teh next few days and you'll be fine, then maintain it at recommended level.

hope this helps,

Thanks. Didn't realize Clorox settled out. Looks like I'll just regulate it manually if 16 ounces is too much. My cya is about 35.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ok everyone is talking around each other here.

Yes Tcat you can dilute your chlorine that will work for your application. Dave's point is that your chlorine level is safe even though it is high. But you want to use less. Diluting will work.

Zethacat is talking about a liquidator which uses a mix tank where the chlorine is on the bottom and slowly goes into solution with the water on the top. In theory some of the chlorine may settle out but in a piratical sense that is not very likely nor much of a problem where you are pouring them into the tank together.

I'm ordering a heat pump, so I wanted to get use to using a cover. I was surprised at the benefits. I lose much less heat, I save at least 500 gallons of water per week, and it's much easier to sweep the leaves off the cover than to run the cleaner. I mainly wanted something more reliable.

Yes just "bubble wrap" solar cover. I use the standard 18" pool brush (it stays very flat even with a bit of weight on it). At one end I just sweep to a pile near the edge and scoop it out with a plastic dust pan. At the other end I just sweep it into my Poolskim (have hole cut in cover at it). Takes 5-10 minutes every other day, or once a week if there's not much wind.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Maybe easier, but 25% of it would go down the edges. Much better control with the pool brush. Then I just pick up the pile with a regular broom and dust pan. Not a very big pile if done daily or every other.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.