Hello Guys, I my pool just finished getting built here in Kissimmee, FL and I have a concern.
The builder a GC came over and dumped 8 gallons of muriatic acid in the just filled pool. I asked why and he said to clean the plaster dust and residue.
He said it's safe to swim in it in 3-4 days because the acid evaporates, is that true? I thought he had to use Soda ash to neutralize the acid.
Just before the acid the PH was at over 7.8 now it's way low, it doesn't even register in the test kit.
I have a pool guy coming over on Saturday as I'm new however the plan is to be very involved in its maintenance.
On the other hand the plaster looks beautiful I think, and I didn't have to do any scrubbing as the acid just cleaned it good.
Thanks for your feedback. I'll post test results soon once my kit arrives.
Here is a pic: