Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covered equipment

1. Back To Top    #1

Covered equipment

I made a removable frame from pvc that can be easily slipped over the pump and filter. Then wrapped a tarp over it. If the temperature gets really low I will hang a cord with a 100w bulb under the tarp. alsp have a freeze protection feature built into the timer. I set it for 34. Last nite temps in N Tex reached 32 in places. System worked as designed. Got this morning and pump was running.
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Covered equipment

my only suggestion is to make sure that the enclosure doesn't protect the freeze protection temp switch/thermostat.

I say that sounds like a great idea. pics?
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

3. Back To Top    #3

Funny u should mention that. I just came in from checking that.
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

4. Back To Top    #4

Picture is too big will have edit it
    It exceeds my quota

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by rmturner54 View Post
    Picture is too big will have edit it
    It exceeds my quota
    With pics, I'd suggest using a program/service like photobucket to upload to most forums. It's free and doesn't use up forum resources.

Funny u should mention that. I just came in from checking that.
    great minds think alike. lol
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

6. Back To Top    #6

Photo bucket sounds like a great idea....i am all over it

7. Back To Top    #7

Frame with tarp.

8. Back To Top    #8

Got picture om photobucket. Posted it with new topic. How do i get it in this post

9. Back To Top    #9

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/...pszn7haqek.jpg
    Try this, The timer witht he freez protection is on the left.

10. Back To Top    #10

Got picture om photobucket. Posted it with new topic. How do i get it in this post
    You should have just entered the Photobucket link in a reply in this thread. I now moved it here.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

11. Back To Top    #11

I figured it out after the fact

12. Back To Top    #12

Covered equipment

That's a good idea, I built a wooden enclosure for year round coverage to block view of the equipment and pushed foam panels in behind to block wind and retain any heat the pump may generate.

18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain, 3 SR Smith Treo LED lights

13. Back To Top    #13

You need to make sure the motor does not overheat in the summer ... should have good air flow.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

14. Back To Top    #14

This is just for winter until i have time think about how to proceed

15. Back To Top    #15

That looks awesome but I think it's overkill for Waxahachie BTW can you build me one too
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Sseaman View Post
    That's a good idea, I built a wooden enclosure for year round coverage to block view of the equipment and pushed foam panels in behind to block wind and retain any heat the pump may generate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks good. I plan on a permanent cover after the winter. I will modify my PVC cover

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zethacat View Post
    That looks awesome but I think it's overkill for Waxahachie BTW can you build me one too
    Are you sure your replying to the right post. Mine is the tarp and PCV .Waxahachie just had freezing weather this last weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

I had to put a 1 x 2 on edge under the tarp to prevent water sag.

17. Back To Top    #17

Are you sure your replying to the right post. Mine is the tarp and PCV .Waxahachie just had freezing weather this last weekend.
    Yes, I live in Grand Prairie right by Joe Pool Lake. I've got pretty much the same weather as you. Check out this thread:

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...eze-Protection
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump

18. Back To Top    #18

If the enclosure covers all the above ground pipe (ie. no AG water features), then I would put the air temperature sensor underneath the tarp because there is really no reason to run the pump unless the above ground plumbing is below freezing temperature.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

19. Back To Top    #19

And even then, I imagine it would take some time to bring the water inside that plumbing down to a freezing temperature.

20. Back To Top    #20

Sensor is outside tarp. i understand the thinking. My pump is very cheap to operate. Iam leaving my pool open all year. So monitoring the true outside temperature is more important to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast