Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for Advise on New Build

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for Advise on New Build

Building 42K in ground pool in SE Mexico where I haven't found a PB I have confidence in so sort of doing it myself, basic engineering and hydraulic calcs bought from USA on line, construction engineering being done locally, equipment sourced on line from US and construction materials and man power sourced locally. I already have a large hole in the ground with form work being raised and rebar fitted; equipment arrives from US in a week or so Mexican customs permitting, but for now I'm looking for advise on equipment location. Is it better to instal pumps, filter etc. above, below or at pool water level; I understand that below will require check valves and above shut of valves, is that the only consideration?
    42K Poured Concrete, Quartz, 4XJetpacks in integrated spa. 3XIntelliflo, Cartridge Filter 420. IntelliTouch+I9+3+iS10 Spa control. Intellichlor IC60, Intellichem+CO2 injection. 9XIntellibrite 5G LEDs HE-150 Heat Pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Looking for Advise on New Build

My suggestion would be to have the pump about 6" above the pool level water line. This will make priming easy but yet won't flood when you drain your pump strainer basket.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the prompt response duraleigh, will start fitting the floor in the equipment room now. Decided to put the equipment indoors as we're on the beach and the atmosphere's very corrosive. Will undoubtedly be back shortly for more help. Really pleased I found this site.
    42K Poured Concrete, Quartz, 4XJetpacks in integrated spa. 3XIntelliflo, Cartridge Filter 420. IntelliTouch+I9+3+iS10 Spa control. Intellichlor IC60, Intellichem+CO2 injection. 9XIntellibrite 5G LEDs HE-150 Heat Pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Welcome to the forum OldPlodger

It would really be nice if your showed us your progress !!
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!