Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Firepit Under Construction

1. Back To Top    #1

Firepit Under Construction

Finally started on the fire pit, the delay was because I couldn't decide on which stone I wanted to use on the pit and the kitchen. Lol, I finally decided to do flagstone to match the spa and the coping. In any event, here is what I am doing…

I chose to go with the Warming Trends Crossfire System with AWEIS - 250K BTU built to 38" for the tray. I went this route because I wanted to be able to remote light the pit from the internet or my phone. I'm also going to be using a blue fire glass that will hopefully tie in with the plaster and waterline tile on the pool.

It's raining today so I am working on a project inside but here are some pics of what is done so far! I have to knock out a couple of things inside the house and then time to build the ODK!

25K gal FF; QuartzScapes Barbados Blue; ColorLogic LEDs, ProLogic PS-8, AquaPod, AquaConnect, (3) WhisperFlo 2.5HP pumps, 1HP blower, 3/4HP cleaner pump; Pentair CC 520 cartridge filter; MasterTemp 400 propane, Rainbow 320; UltraPure UV/Ozone; Polaris 280; 7' raised spa by rock waterside; (soon) 62" fire pit, (soon) ODK; 60x40 screen enclosure
    Build - here.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Firepit Under Construction

Wow, just went through your build thread. What a beautiful pool. Can't wait to see the finished fire pit!
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! Been raining a bunch but supposed to clear up tomorrow. No more updates at the moment...
    25K gal FF; QuartzScapes Barbados Blue; ColorLogic LEDs, ProLogic PS-8, AquaPod, AquaConnect, (3) WhisperFlo 2.5HP pumps, 1HP blower, 3/4HP cleaner pump; Pentair CC 520 cartridge filter; MasterTemp 400 propane, Rainbow 320; UltraPure UV/Ozone; Polaris 280; 7' raised spa by rock waterside; (soon) 62" fire pit, (soon) ODK; 60x40 screen enclosure
    Build - here.

4. Back To Top    #4

I wish it would start raining here. I caved yesterday and added 100 gallons to the pool in hopes I can get a few inches for free from the skies up above but it hasn't happened yet.
    14K Freeform Gunite w/60% Blue Quartz plaster, Quad DE filter, Intelliflo VS Pump + Booster for Cleaner, Aquacal Heat Pump