Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advise please on packaging a NEW Sharkline Matrix oval

1. Back To Top    #1

Advise please on packaging a NEW Sharkline Matrix oval

We decided to drain and replace our Intex 18'ft pool and replace it with a nice oval. We are not planning to bury any part of the pool and we do want swg on the pool. Since we had the Intex we had a nice sand pump and swg that where Intex. Worked beautiful!!!!! We are looking at a Sharkline Matrix in oval 18x33. I would like advise on putting together a compete order on pool supply world. I would like to know what pump (size to get with this pool). I was reading about the variable pumps and like the idea of running it on low 24/7 if i needed too. Our yard has not debris other that bugs that dive in I don't have leaves and such to worry about if that makes a difference. I had a beautiful clear Intex all summer using BBB method. I would also like advise on liners and if we need an additional return added. Last i would like to know if you guys can recommend a auto cleaner you like. When i had my inground we had a polaris but I don't think those work in AGP's and with the Intex we never figured out anything to work.

Tammy
    Tammy & Jim
    Kids, 22,19,18,14,14,14,&8
    Currently 18Ft Intex, Soon to Install new 16x32x52, Intex 2650 Sand Filter, SWG, Hayward Skimmer.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Advise please on packaging a NEW Sharkline Matrix oval

Welcome Tammy.

I wouldn't go with an extra skimmer based on the amount of debris you have. Can't say much about liners, but PSW will help you on that and the liner choices. Go with a Robot cleaner, and get the best you can possibly afford. Looks like you are well stocked on kiddos, so maybe they can help keep it cleaned out.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

In the Industry

I couldn't help noticing your signature, ummmm....7 kids and is that triplets?

A pool that size only requires one skimmer and on above grounds, you want to make the least amount of cuts in the walls that you can.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yep we do have triplet girls. Getting help outta busy teens lol sorry its a struggle to get them to do daily chores.

Any suggestions on pump set up? Any thank y'all for helping.
    Tammy & Jim
    Kids, 22,19,18,14,14,14,&8
    Currently 18Ft Intex, Soon to Install new 16x32x52, Intex 2650 Sand Filter, SWG, Hayward Skimmer.

5. Back To Top    #5

1hp 2 speed pump is what I would suggest for the pump. The Hayward Matrix is a great pump. Many use it. The type of filter is up to you. Take a look at pool school for the different types of filters and what's involved with them. 😎
    I would go with at least a 25 mil liner. The thicker the liner the better. You don't want to skimp on the liner.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.