any maximum chlorine level for closing above ground vinyl pool?

Is there any maximum chlorine level that should not be exceeded when closing my above ground vinyl pool?

I'm getting chlorine measurements with my kit of over 30 ppm. Could be that my chemicals' accuracy has expired (they are 2 years old) but I don't want to buy a new set of chemicals this late in the season. I have a new dark blue liner & I don't want it to fade over the winter from too much chlorine. As my signature indicates, I have a 12 foot circumference, above-ground vinyl pool. Right now, water temp is 50 degrees F.

Thanks.

There is always a maximum suggested chlorine level whether you are closing or not. That level can be found in the FC/CYA chart and is dependent on your CYA.

Essentially, your question cannot be answered until you test for the CYA level.

During the swim season, what guide did you use to maintain your chlorine?

Thanks for all the responses and, sorry, for the delay in responding. Forgot I had to be away from the pool for Vets Day commemorations.

Anyway, I measured cya today and it is between 60 & 70 so I'm figuring shock level chlorine is about 26. I stopped measuring fc at around 34 because I was afraid I'd run out of chlorine test chemicals. I kept my pool around 5 fc during most of the summer. Should I wait till the chlorine level (which appears to be above 34) drops to put winter cover on? Thanks.

Your basically at mustard shock level, so if your more comfortable with it drifting down let it uncovered. It'll take a little longer than normal with the cold water temps. I'd say it's your call to let it drift down or not.
If 60-70 was your CYA level all season keeping your FC at 5 is the min for those CYA levels. You would want to target 9 and 10 respectively for those CYA levels. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.