Winterizing my Intex 24 x 12 rectangle…wish me luck!

PJBear

May 25, 2014
Owen Sound, ON
So, temps here in SW Ontario are finally consistently below 60 F (10 C). Drained the pool this morning. It is below the intake valve so the sides are collapsing a bit. Hope this is OK. I have been reading everything I can find on this site about these pools and although we purchased a winter cover, we are thinking of leaving it off do to extreme snow loads. We get a lot of snow off of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay, and a lot of wind as well. Leaves are not really a problem. We have been skimming out the few that get in on a regular basis, and dumping bleach in regularly…water is crystal clear! The pool is surrounded by a deck on 3 sides so we can keep a good eye on things as well. Here's hoping for the best. If someone has any better suggestions, please feel free to offer them up. Taking the entire pool down is not an option as I have no where to safely store a pool of this size. The liner is so heavy it took 3 men to get it in place when we set it up in July. Leaving it up has to be the best option. Happy pool closing everyone.

PJ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.