Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any experience with Hayward Pump Warranty term?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Any experience with Hayward Pump Warranty term?

I just bought a Hayward SP2600VSP to take advantage of a $450 PSE&G rebate, Net cost $200 delivered.

I wanted to confirm the warranty would be valid buying from the Net reseller as well as how long the warranty is. I called Hayward and the guy at Customer support said no issues with a Net Reseller and the Warranty is for 1 year unless a pool company installs it and then the warranty is for 2 years???
    All documents state only one year, is the second year an undocumented secret?

On top of this, some of the Net resellers are selling 2nd -Year extended warranties for $19.99-$29.99. Are they just riding an undocumented 2nd year or shooting Cr@p that the pump wont fail so soon?

So does anyone know what the real deal is here?
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any experience with Hayward Pump Warranty term?

Likely not. I would contact the net re-seller and ask them. Good luck!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

No secrets. This went into effect a while back.

http://www.poolspanews.com/retailing...ranties_o.aspx
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by thepoolman View Post
    No secrets. This went into effect a while back.

http://www.poolspanews.com/retailing...ranties_o.aspx
    Thanks for the link, its the only thing in writing I've seen.

It also seems that the resellers selling '2nd year warranties' are grabbing money with no real value- they even ask for you to pay shipping both ways!
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir- 390 Gal Hot Springs Spa Envoy installed May 2017