Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: vinyl repair kit recommendation?

1. Back To Top    #1

vinyl repair kit recommendation?

I have a Summer Escapes 18 foot round pool. I currently have the pool closed and realized there is a leak on the bottom somewhere. I haven't uncovered it and gone in to find the exact leak yet. Which vinyl repair kit have you used in the past and would recommend to use or even to stay away from? I found patch kits that can be used without draining the pool, are these good?

2. Back To Top    #2
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

New Brunswick Canada

Re: vinyl repair kit recommendation?

Any vinyl pool repair patch will do. Clean the area really good, the patch is opened under water near the area to be repaired. A squeegee helps to make it really smooth. There is also underwater tape.

3. Back To Top    #3

Orlando, FL

Re: vinyl repair kit recommendation?

I purchased the Boxer brand based on reviews. We got a lot of rain this year,i a few of the bricks shifted, and I'm expecting a leak. I have not used it yet but I am prepared.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).