Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy 7629 Serial Adapter Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy 7629 Serial Adapter Help

I have The Jandy® Pro Series AquaLink® PDA automation system and wan to incorporate the 7620 serial adapter. Do I need to disconnect the PDA? Or is there way to set it up
    30K gal inground, inground spa, built 2013, SWG, Cleaner, Jandy controller, Pentair pump, Taylor Test kit, cartridge filter, gas heater

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Jandy 7629 Serial Adapter Help

The Generic serial adapter (7620) is only compatible with the RS series Aqualink and not the PDA series. You would have to upgrade both pcb's in the power supply then your pda will become a slave device.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm a rookie to this and my low voltage vendor will be doing the conversion, what pcb's? Thank you.
    30K gal inground, inground spa, built 2013, SWG, Cleaner, Jandy controller, Pentair pump, Taylor Test kit, cartridge filter, gas heater

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Inside your Aqualink power centre you have a main pcb and on the back of that pcb you have a small pcb (cpu). You can purchase an upgrade kit and depending on your pool combination will depend on what upgrade kit you need. So looking at your pool description it will be a pool & spa combination so Upgrade Kit, RS One Touch PS8 and also a One Touch controller needed to program the Aqualink system.
    16,000lts Fibreglass, Magna Mineral Pool Water
    Jandy CV340 Cartridge filter, Zodiac TRi SWC, Z4 iAqualink, Jandy Laminar Jets, Solar Heating, Spa Jets with Jandy 1.5hp Epump operating everything.