Pool cover, which side is up!?

May 31, 2014
Wentzville, MO
This is a really stupid question I am sure. :)

I dragged my cover over my pool to put it in place and can not figure which way is up? Does it matter? I notice one side has a tag in its corner, I put that facing down, but then noticed several tags in some of the seams. There is also lettering (brand) around the edge only on one side. First time closing, almost done thanks to everyone's help, but stuck on the last step... lol.

Thank You!!!!

If it is a standard winter cover then usually it is a two tone design. The top side is either green, blue or tan and the underside is black. The bottom of the cover that touches the pool water should be the black side.

That's a safety cover. You should be able to tell from the way the springs are which way is up. The spring at the end that attaches to the brass fitting is bent so that the tip lays flat, if on wrong there will be very little spring to grab the brass fitting.

That's a safety cover. Generally you can tell which way it goes by the orientation of the strap buckles. Buckles "up" is the normal way, like you have it. If you had them down it would be harder to adjust strap tension if you needed to but would work just fine that way too.

Do you have the cover installation/removal tool? AKA the long pipe with handle that you can use to hook the springs onto the anchors with? If you're cover is tight like it should be (springs at about half tension) they can be hard to put on. If you don't have the tool, a bike seat is a great substitute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJJCbul3UqU
That's how I got mine on this year.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a safety cover.

That's a safety cover.

JINX! :p

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.