Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Have just filled my intex pool with bore water, however after I put the chlorine in its now gone brown, what do I do to fix it

2. Back To Top    #2
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

New Brunswick Canada

Re: Help

The brown is metals coming out of suspension caused by high ph. You need to get that ph down to 7.2 and add some metal sequestrant.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Help

If you're lucky, your filter will capture/remove some of the rust in the water over time. We use a cartridge filter (Intex pump and filter) with our pool, and the filter is always dark rust brown/red for the first two weeks after filling the pool. We rinse the cartridge daily during that time. However, if you have enough metals in the water to turn the whole pool visibly brown, you probably have to take steps (as described by the previous poster) to sequester the metals, rather than hoping that filtration alone will do the job.
    18' x 48" ring top pool (Summer Escapes); 5500 gallons; set up June - October, stored during winter; Intex 2500 gph pump (B size cartridge filter) Hayward 21" sand filter + 1.5 hp single speed Powerflo Matrix pump (upgrade October 2016) *** K-2006 test kit, refills from tftestkits