Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Planning to change out my DIY suction feeder to a Stenner. Question is on wiring. I have a Intermatic pf1202t with cleaner side disconnected which can be used for Stenner I assume. Also a GFCI outlet on side. Is it better to buy a 220v Stenner and hard wire it, or can the outlet be wired to the timer and a 115v Stenner just plugged in? Ebay/Lockewell seems to be the lowest cost, any problems buying there? Looking at 45M1.

It should be just fine with a cord/plug or hardwired. I have a 115v Stenner that came with a power cord with a standard plug. I removed the power cord to hard wire it without any trouble. I kind of regret doing that, as it would be nice to be able to simply unplug it so I could take the pump head in for the winter.

As with any eBay vendor, check their ratings. Otherwise they should be fine.

If I wire the gfci outlet to the timer, will the circuit still be protected when the pump is off?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks, think I'll go the 220 hard wire route.

edit: On order! Locke Well has very good prices!
45MP1 - Stenner Pumps Chemical Feeder (45MP1)
Stenner Voltage 220 Volt 60 Hz = B
Stenner Tube Type 1/4 UV Black = 2

Ordered a used 15 gallon drum on Ebay. Plan to wire it to the extra T104 timer. Didn't really like the idea of a separate 120v timer, what if the pool pump fails for some reason, and the Stenner starts pumping without circulation...

I ordered the 1/4" black tubing with the Stenner pump. What is the fitting that goes to the pool pipe? 1/4" NPT? I'm ordering the reducing bushing and need to know if I need a 1/4" or 1/2" female thread. Thanks!

Thanks, went with 1/2", much stronger connection. I ordered the 220volt, does it have a 220v plug on the cord (funky 90 degree tab)? I was going to hard wire it, but don't want to void the warranty. Wiring into spare 104T timer in my Intermatic box.

Yes. It will have a 220v plug on the cord. The manufacture will void the warranty if you cut the cord.
Correct.

Just wire a NEMA 6-20R 250v receptacle off your timer that matches the Stenner plug.

Here is mine
stenner1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's my plan. I ordered one of these in case it rains. I think I'll bolt the box onto the bottom of the Intermatic panel hole to hole (my panel is a double and has room). Cost of weatherproof cover, box, and 220 receptacle, all about the same as guys seem to be paying for a plug-in timer. How'd you do the labels?

The cleaner motor I removed that was attached to the 2nd t104 timer didn't have a ground in the line, but had an external ground tied to the frame. I should probably run a ground in the cable since the Stenner has an internal ground, right?

How'd you do the labels?
I used a Brother P-Touch label maker

- - - Updated - - -

The cleaner motor I removed that was attached to the 2nd t104 timer didn't have a ground in the line, but had an external ground tied to the frame. I should probably run a ground in the cable since the Stenner has an internal ground, right?

The "external ground" is really not a ground, but part of the pool bonding. If you are adding anything that has a ground lug (green screw), yes you should make sure it is grounded.

That's a better cover than I bought, but anything is better than nothing. Here's mine: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HEFDSS/ref=pe_385040_121528360_TE_dp_2
Once plugged in it will be at a low angle and protect pretty well. It's also going to be 6" under my Intermatic box which actually hangs out farther than the receptacle.
Will post pictures once I get everything from Amazon. I am anxious to start up the Stenner (not that I need much Clorox right now, probably a 5 minute cycle).
The Stenner had a broken connector (one end of internal tube) in shipping. Took me a while to figure out how to install the spare, but found a good Youtube video that helped a lot (pictures in manual stink). They sent me a new one 10 minutes after I emailed them about it (Locke Well Pump - great service and prices).

Edit: Just got 3 boxes in today. Fittings for hooking into heat pump (PVCfittingsonline, great prices), electrical for Stenner, and new gauge for my DE filter. Too bad it in the 30's out there, not really thinking "pool". I'll probably go out and freeze my butt off anyway.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0vi8vp0g46xzkrk/PoolParts.jpg?dl=0

Update. Wired into Intermatic timer no problem. The white thing lower left is an old styrofoam cooler (shipping container) I put over the pump motor since it's in direct sunlight (holes poked in sides to vent). Second picture is a test, it pumps exactly 8 ounces in 30 minutes. Timer with On/Off butted against each other is exactly 1 hour. So much nicer (and more accurate) than trying to regulate a needle valve under vacuum (my previous automated method).

220 Outlet
Stenner and 15 gallon tank

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.