Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone hack their broken robots?

1. Back To Top    #1
    JoseJones

Anyone hack their broken robots?

I have two broken pool robots and a green swamp in my backyard.

I have a Prowler 720 and the other is an Aquabot Rapids 4WD. The Prowler was far superior in power and cleaning ability. I got the Aquabot for a song since it was a demo unit. Anyway, I've been playing with Arduinos and have been making all sorts of crazy gizmos for the house and ran across this guy's post where he hacked his pool robot. http://davidegironi.blogspot.com/201...lectronic.html It seems identical to my prowler. I'm curious if anyone's done anything like this. Or have any ideas they'd like to share before I start? OK. I lied. I've already taken the robots apart and have been testing the motors to see if they work, which they do. I guess the motherboards are toasted?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone hack their broken robots?

For the swamp you need to follow the SLAM Process.
    I don't know anything about hacking the robots, but right now they won't help with the swamp. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

I'll second Jeff on that. For now, forget about the Robots and get the pool cleared up with a SLAM. Chemicals. not machinery is your current issue.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4
    JoseJones

I was joking more than anything on the swamp. It's actually clean already. I've learned a few things from being a lurker on TFP for almost 7 years.

My point on the swamp joke was more to how much I've come to depend on the robots. A robot and the Liquidator in my book the best money spent for the pool maintenance for time saved and maintaining quality water.

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrk View Post
    For the swamp you need to follow the SLAM Process.
    I don't know anything about hacking the robots, but right now they won't help with the swamp. 😎