Anthony & Sylvan own line of pool pebble vs Wet Edge

Oct 3, 2014
Conroe, TX
We are in the design stage of our pool being built by Anthony & Sylvan. We signed a contract using white mini pebble but now are considering an upgrade to a colored pebble. To upgrade to their brand of color is $1800 and it would be $3100 for Wet Edge Pearl Matrix Chilean Beach Tahoe. So far I've only seen one color of A&S's pebble, "Texas Blue". I've googled my heart out and can't find any info on A&S's own line of pool pebble or "Texas Blue" By our designer's own admission, he preferred a basic white pebble because the pool colors tended to mottle or have that faux look and people weren't happy and A&S didn't warranty it. This makes me leary of their brand and lean more toward going with Wet Edge because at least I've seen a lot of good reviews and pictures on the internet. We initially liked Wet Edge Chilean Beach Tahoe. I don't know if A&S makes a similar color or if "Texas Blue" is the only one they offer. I would love to hear if anyone has used A&S's manufactured pebble. What color you used. Pictures if you've got them. And any other info that would be helpful.

Thanks.

Be forewarned that ALL color finishes will have some mottling, regardless of manufacturer. The better the installers, the less there will be. But, the darker the color, the more likely there is to be mottling.

2 words: STAY AWAY

I had the white AS mini pebble in my last pool. It was a really rough surface and they did a really horrible job on the install. The mottling was worse than most, and the color flecks were not distributed very evenly.

Based on the low quality of the install and the poor quality of the rough finish, I don't think I would go with their color finish either.

Wet Edge is your most expensive option, but you'll definitely notice where that extra money went.

Re: Anthony & Sylvan own line of pool pebble vs Wet Edge

Be forewarned that ALL color finishes will have some mottling, regardless of manufacturer. The better the installers, the less there will be. But, the darker the color, the more likely there is to be mottling.

Thanks. That's what I've heard. I think the color I'm choosing is middle of the road; not too light and not too dark.

- - - Updated - - -

2 words: STAY AWAY

I had the white AS mini pebble in my last pool. It was a really rough surface and they did a really horrible job on the install. The mottling was worse than most, and the color flecks were nit distributed very evenly.

Based on the low quality of the install and the poor quality of the rough finish, I don't think I would go with their color finish either.

Wet Edge is your most expensive option, but you'll definitely notice where that extra money went.

Thanks. You've confirmed what I've been thinking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.