New Pool Build – Kingwood, TX

Glad the PB was able to move up the crews to yesterday, we have gotten some rain this morning and probably would not have been good. We had a couple weak spots in the soil and were a potential "cave-in" areas ..... Yikes

Here are some pics. As you can see, we have a wonderful temporary sewer line in our pool. We thought about keeping it as an underwater obstacle for the kids...... We have some plumbers showing up today to give some extra quotes.

Wow! I've never seen someone route a "temporary line" of something through the pool AND shoot gunite around it! Can you give us more specifics about this process? How is this going to affect plaster? What are the two pipes coming up from the floor? Are they just to hold up the big pipe? Looks great otherwise!

Wow! I've never seen someone route a "temporary line" of something through the pool AND shoot gunite around it! Can you give us more specifics about this process? How is this going to affect plaster? What are the two pipes coming up from the floor? Are they just to hold up the big pipe? Looks great otherwise!

I was surprised too. I was asking question after question. Apparently it is pretty common and they dont want to wait for the reroute to steel and gunite.

When they shaped the gunite, they left a 2-3 inch gap around it and tapered back into the gunite. Think of a reverse cone. When the lines are no longer active, they will cut the lines and shoot gunite into the hole. it will not effect gunite, there will be no cold joint. If shotcrete was used, we would have an issue. Those are just 1 x 4 pieces of wood to support the temporary lines.

Here is a close up picture

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Glad you're making progress again.

Will you have to live with those sewer cleanout caps that close to your pool, or will you be able to bury them somehow?

The nearest one will be under the stamped concrete. There will be a removable portion of the stampled concrete, it should blend in nicely. The other two will be in flower beds. After it's all said and done, you wont even know that they are there.

By the way your pool came out great. Looks like you will have the same issue as me......waiting for Summer.

Is your fire pit natural gas? Or is it a wood burning?

It has been a busy week so far. The electrician came on Tuesday and completed all of his work. We did find out something interesting with the City of Houston. Two weeks ago, new code was passed that 500 watt lights are no longer allowed. We originally had settled on a 500 watt light but now decided to upgrade to a LED light. We also got a light control, I cant wait to play with it....just the dork in me i guess. Apparently, Pentair sells landscape lights that can hook up to the control and change with the pool light. They are $150 a piece, not sure how many of those I am going to purchase. But think of the possibilities....Pink Floyd Laser show wont have anything on me.

I am sure the rain will slow down progress over the next couple days. I am hoping the plumber shows up in the morning to fill in the trenches. If not we will have the most elaborate lazy river around. Get your tube and come on over.

The waterfall crew came today and almost finished, they did a great job.

The rock/stone work looks SOOOOO good. Your property has such a peaceful, natural feel to it. You'd never get me to budge from it (until the mosquitoes came out and then I'd move to your porch). I didn't know Pentair had landscape lights that you can hook up.....hmmmmm -Karen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.