New Pool Build – Kingwood, TX

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate per the 10 day forecast.

Just so everyone knows, this delay was due a PB family emergency. We offered him the week delay so he could take care of the matter. Family is more important that our pool.

If all goes well, you'll be just like us....with a big muddy hole in the back yard as we host friends and family for Turkey Day dinner. Let me know if you devise a good plan to keep any kids and/or dogs out of your mud pit...I'm failing miserably down here in Katy!

Family emergencies seem to be prevalent with the PB's this season. Our PB had 3 (self, business partner and daughter), our Project Manager had one (father in law), our stone mason had at least 2 (no detail on which family member) and one of the carpenters had one - all of which were given reasons for delays. I like to think that I am a compassionate person, but I must admit the number of family emergencies has tested that and I began to question whether or not that was also in the PB's school of business "reasons to give a customer for delay" training chapter. A successful business would have a key man risk plan where for certain deliverables they should have additional subs or backup planning for those cases. I hope all works out for your PB and you are back on track soon -Karen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just got word from the PB that we are delayed again. Not because it is too wet to dig... But too wet to dump the dirt. All of the fields are too wet for the trucks.

Go figure. Funny how the pool industry allows rain two days prior to halt their business. Why wouldn't they use some dirt to build up a temp road????

.....And the project has officially started. We have dug the pool!! It was really fun to watch, plus it has been a long time coming. My wife and I have saved like gazelles (for all you Ramsey folks) since the first of the year. All of our sacrifices and saying no to friends has finally paid off.

The grass was scraped for the patio cover.

If you look close, you will see 3 sewer lines (2 PVC and 1 Clay). Of course the junction of all three were right in the way. Luckily the sewer pipes drain well, no smell no mess. These will have to be rerouted, I am not looking forward to this added cost. Stay tuned.....

I did receive good news last night. Due to the rain chance on Friday, my PB was able to work a deal with the steel and gunite guys and get them both out today. The steel guys are already at the house at 6:37 am.

Pictures to follow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.