I was planning to close my pool yesterday and the day before (Saturday) as everything was running fine my vinyl liner had a huge crack at the bottom. The crack (or opening) in the liner is very large and goes from one side to the other (so about 15'). The pool lost all its water. The vinyl was old and I was expecting I would need to replace it in the near future so I can't complain about that but I need advice regarding how to proceed now. The main problem is the weather here in the coming few days or weeks. We may have snow and temperatures will certainly drop very soon. When I Asked a number of pool stores about installing a new liner some said they can do it and gave me quotes (ordering the liner will take 2 to 3 weeks) and others were hesitant because of the weather in the coming weeks. So I have the following questions:
1- Should I just go with one of the pool stores I got quotations from since I have no choice. The fear is that I am not sure how the cold weather will affect the installation especially that I will need to close the pool right after the installation so I wont have to see if things were done well and if the liner holds well and has no issues till the month of May 2015 (yes we have a long winter he ).
2- Do I have any other options? Can I and should I avoid installing the new liner for the reasons above now and if yes what should I do now?
This is a 15'x24' onground pool
Any advice is welcome and thank you very much.