Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 1 1/4 eyeball return jet

1. Back To Top    #1

1 1/4 eyeball return jet

I need to replace the return jet eyeball that broke, but the local pool store said it's a 1 1/4 size and they don't carry that size. The return is going through concrete and is deeply recessed. I searched online for that size eyeball, but could not find one. Does anyone have a site suggestion?

Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 1 1/4 eyeball return jet

I remember a few posts about 1¼" threaded wall fittings and while there were several suggestions about how to overcome it, I'm not sure anyone ever found a replacement fitting.

Posting a picture with some measurements might provoke some suggestions on how to work around it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I've sent a couple emails to online pool stores and they don't carry them. What is involved to change it to the 1 1/2 size? I'll take pictures of it tomorrow.

4. Back To Top    #4

Once we see the pictures, we'll have a better idea of how to convert it to a 1½" fitting.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit