Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Small vacuum head for spa of my in-ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Small vacuum head for spa of my in-ground pool

Hi - I am looking for a small vacuum head, or an attachment that just allows to to attach the vacuum hose to a pole so that I can vacuum up leaves, debris, etc. that blows into our spa. The regular pool vacuum head is too big to easy reach corners in the bottom of the spa. Have googled and searched several online pool stores with no luck. Seems like it would be readily available. Thanks!
    12k gal IGP/Spa, gunite, Jandy 2HP ePump VSP, Jandy CL 460 Cartridge Filter, LXI400 Heater, PebbleSheen, Polaris 280, stenner 45MPHP10 auto chorine feeder

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Small vacuum head for spa of my in-ground pool

Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Paul - thanks. I did see that and similar attachments that work with a garden hose. I was hoping to find something that works with my normal pool vacuum hose. The garden hose tool is my Plan B. Seems odd that there wouldn't be anything available to work with the standard pool vacuum hose.
    12k gal IGP/Spa, gunite, Jandy 2HP ePump VSP, Jandy CL 460 Cartridge Filter, LXI400 Heater, PebbleSheen, Polaris 280, stenner 45MPHP10 auto chorine feeder

4. Back To Top    #4

This vacuum head is smaller than the rectangular roller styles and it can be swept in all directions rather than just forward and backwards like the roller styles. It has bristles on its 3 edges that stand it off the surface. I've found it works well and it' s easily maneuvered in stair areas and other odd shaped places. Lowes stocks these in my area but you can do a search for "Aqua EZ vacuum head" to find other suppliers. It's a cheapy little thing but it might be just the ticket for you. It's hard to tell from the photo, but there's a standard vacuum hose connection right in the center and the pole connection is just a little above it, off of center.

026497002525lg.jpg
    21K gal 16' x 40' in-ground pool built 1959, old school with Jacuzzi bronze pump, American Products 24" Sand Filter & Americana Multiport valve, Jandy Lite2 millivolt heater, Coverstar cover, and classic Kreepy Krauly.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    tried a bigger version of that, wasn't really impressed.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

6. Back To Top    #6

Can ya reach in or get in the spa to do this vacuuming? I used a nozzle from my Shop-Vac. It was an after-market gadget and it plugged right into my pool vac hose. No easy way to hook a pole to it, though, if you need to use it from outside the spa.

Good luck!
    36K gallon 42X22 gunite/plaster kidney-shaped IG;
    1 hp Hayward Super Pump (new in 2012);
    Hayward S244T sand filter w/ Zeosand (both new in 2009);
    175K BTU LAARS Lite2 LG natural gas heater; Polaris 380;
    TF-100 test kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Brush Sm.jpg This will work and it connects to your vacuum hose.