Air Pillow Deflating (1st time pool closing for me)

Sep 10, 2014
Oceanside NY
Hi all,

I closed my pool about a month ago using a pretty large air pillow. It is now about halfway deflated and no longer in the middle of the pool but pushed against the side of the pool.

Is this common? Is the solution to open the cover and pump the pillow back up or are there better brands of air pillows out there that don't deflate? ( I ordered mine from the pool factory online). Would it be very dangerous to leave it in there in its current condition (It is still in 50's and probably wont drop below freezing for at least another month or so)?

I was hoping someone could shed some light on this topic for me. Thanks in advance!

Chris

This is a very common problem with pillows. It will probably deflate again if you fill it back up. It may just stay half inflated or deflate totally. I don't know if one brand is better than another. I'd imagine they're all about the same.
I've seen where some use rafts and old inner tubes instead of the pillows. The inner tubes and rafts can also be tied off so they don't move around. Some don't even bother with pillows or anything.
I don't use pillows or anything. I went with this cover for various reasons rather than the standard winter cover. ?
http://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/product-The-Ultimate-Winter-Pool-Cover.cfm

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.