Closing tomorrow but going to get to 29 degrees tonight...

caliskier

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
Hey all,

Thought this was probably not a big deal, but wanted to be sure. We will be closing tomorrow around 10:00ish. Weather report says from 3:00am to 10:00am tomorrow temps will be 32 or below with the min temp 29 degrees. It has been in the 70s the last few days here in Oklahoma city with the temp in the 90s last weekend. The water temp is 60 degrees. I assume that if my pump is running this will not be an issue for my pool heater, but, do you think I need to do somethign to protect the heater? I was not planning on turning it on, with the water running and the water temp so high and how long it takes for water to change temp I thought this would not be a big deal.

Thanks,

Weather report says from 3:00am to 10:00am tomorrow temps will be 32 or below with the min temp 29 degrees.
It is unlikely anything will freeze at 29F for that short period of time. In the winter, we get down to 25F for close to 8 hours and the pipes/equipment still do not freeze even without the pump running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.