Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Swimpure Plus Readings

1. Back To Top    #1

Swimpure Plus Readings

I just installed a new Swimpure Plus generator. It works properly for a few hours, then the voltage reading becomes 33.6 (or something close to that). Also, the current display and the instant salt readings drop to zero. If I turn off the power and start the unit again it goes through the normal cycle with the no flow light for 60 seconds, then the click, and I get accurate readings again, but when I check the readings again a while later, they're back to zero for the current, instant salt. Does anyone know what might be wrong? I looked around the site and can't seem to find any threads that talk about my particular issue.
    12,500 gallon, In-Ground, Pebble Tec, Jandi CL-340 Cartridge Filter, Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, Hayward SwimPure Plus

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Swimpure Plus Readings

Unless you have the percentage set to 100% the unit will cycle on and off, so that it is only on the percentage of the time you have it setup for. I presume you are seeing the "abnormal" readings when it happens to be cycled off, which is normal.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    Unless you have the percentage set to 100% the unit will cycle on and off, so that it is only on the percentage of the time you have it setup for. I presume you are seeing the "abnormal" readings when it happens to be cycled off, which is normal.
    Thanks, I didn't know that.... My previous chlorinator had the famous current limiter problem that I have read about here, and it worked briefly after I fixed it for about $2, but then I couldn't even get the power light to stay on, so I went out and bought a new unit. This new one displays the power and generating lights, but I didn't know that the, current, and instant salt readings would ever be zero, while the cell voltage is 33.6, although it does make sense now. So in other words, if I check the readings later, they may or may not give a number for the current and the instant salt level.
    12,500 gallon, In-Ground, Pebble Tec, Jandi CL-340 Cartridge Filter, Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, Hayward SwimPure Plus

4. Back To Top    #4

Right, the diagnostic/instant readings are only valid when the cell is actually turned on, which is only part of the time.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School