Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winter Safety Cover Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Winter Safety Cover Question

Anyone here ever install a winter safety cover designed for an oval pool on a figure 8 design? Just wondering if this could be done without any issues. Seems that the only differences would be the narrower distance across the middle of the pool. Or am I missing something? Would seem that the price of a custom cover would be fairly high.

Any advice would be appreciated.
    thanks in advance!
    Fiberglass Trilogy Pool,
    15x34 8900 gal.
    Pentair 1hp Super-Flo Pump
    Pentair CC100 Cartridge Filter, Pentair "Legend" Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Winter Safety Cover Question

You need to have deck for the anchors to go into at the right spots around the edge of the cover. As long as that works you should be fine.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I have at least 4' minimum at the closest point of the pool. So based on this, wouldn't a oval cover work for me?
    thanks,
    Fiberglass Trilogy Pool,
    15x34 8900 gal.
    Pentair 1hp Super-Flo Pump
    Pentair CC100 Cartridge Filter, Pentair "Legend" Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!

I know it costs more for a custom cover but, in my experience, the warranty is void if you have more than ~ 15" of cover on the deck in any area I honestly don't know why, but that's the way the warranty on the covers we install reads.

I don't believe that it actually causes a problem but wanted to pass that tidbit on to you 8)
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)