Hayward ColorLogic Lights Malfunctioning

Oct 27, 2014
Charlotte
Our pool is 3 years old, 100% Hayward equipment. Included are two ColorLogic LED lights. They are on the same circuit, so they should both be turning on/off together, and be on the same color cycle. Everything was as expected until about 4 months ago. Now We have intermittent problems with Light 1 going into a flashing pattern (often but not always Red), or Light 2 turning off completely. Approximately 40% of the time everything seems to work as expected.

Any thoughts as to the cause? It would seem unlikely that both bulbs started malfunctioning at the same time. Are there controllers, relays, etc. that connect the two that could be malfunctioning?

We are very self sufficient with regard to pool repairs, so would like to be able to resolve this ourselves (we find that calling our pool company for an evaluation often costs more than just replacing the part itself). The ColorLogic lights and parts are expensive, so hoping to have a fairly high level of confidence as to the cause prior to ordering parts. Any suggestions for debugging?

Thanks!

Jeff

I have 1 color logic, this is the second year and it has some strange behaviors. I cannot for the life of me get it to a particular color. I can get it to the flashing pattern, or to one other color. The other color is random though. Some days I can get green, some days red, etc.

Hayward's technical assistance line is (908) 355-7995. You might try calling them and running it by them. I think its a problem with the controller not the lights. You don't tell us what automation you have or how its hooked up. You might want to figure that out before you call technical support.

I'm experiencing an issue with a 2 year old Colorlogic 4.0 light. Not quite the same but I can't change between "light shows". It turns on solid purple and never changes off that color. Cutting power to the controller solve the issue but only temporary. A couple days later back to purple.

Looks like I'll have to give the Hayward tech number a call and report back here if I get the problem solved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.