Question about taking down intex pool

Jan 28, 2014
We have an 18' metal frame intex pool.

We have had a great first summer with our pool and thanks to TFP, it was so low maintenance!

We need to drain and take down everything. I have been trying to find an adapter for our garden hose so that we can drain the pool that way. Every single place I found one online so far, they are out of stock.

Does anyone know where I can purchase one or any other suggestions.

Thanks a bunch!

Can you post a link to the kind of adapter you think you need (the out-of-stock one you mention)? Like the previous poster, I've only seen drain fittings that are directly compatible with a garden hose.

You don't have to let this issue delay you, however -- you can simply use a siphon to empty the pool (fill hose with water, put one end in pool, put other end somewhere a bit downhill of the pool). If you have a vacuum hose available, that will siphon out the pool a lot faster than a little garden hose. The main trick with starting a siphon is to keep the hose full of water while positioning the downhill end -- you can put your hand flat over the end of the hose as you're walking with it, making sure you have a tight seal. You may have to weigh down the end in the pool, so it doesn't surface and suck air.

Even if you connect a hose to the drain fitting on the pool, that will leave a significant amount of water in the pool, which you will have to remove in some other way (e.g. siphon, bailing out, shop vac, etc.).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.