Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tuna, Grouper & Snapper

1. Back To Top    #1

Tuna, Grouper & Snapper

We're just now entering the best time of the year for outdoor living! We certainly take advantage of it!

Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tuna, Grouper & Snapper

Looks Great!!! I'm a few weeks away from starting my ODK build and can't wait to be in your shoes next swim season. We've been using the spa portion of our pool, but I've lost the fight against having a cold pool. Not even the cover can keep me above 80 degrees anymore.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

Nice job pragmatic! As much as I like traditional beef & pork BBQ, it's nice to see someone changing things up on the grill with seafood.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Killer95Stang View Post
    Looks Great!!! I'm a few weeks away from starting my ODK build and can't wait to be in your shoes next swim season. We've been using the spa portion of our pool, but I've lost the fight against having a cold pool. Not even the cover can keep me above 80 degrees anymore.
    Thank you! That's one of the reasons I always recommend a spa for pool build planning. Nice year round use. Good luck with the ODK!

Quote Originally Posted by BoDarville View Post
    Nice job pragmatic! As much as I like traditional beef & pork BBQ, it's nice to see someone changing things up on the grill with seafood.
    Thank you Bo!

5. Back To Top    #5

That looks great! What seasoning do you use? I have yet to find one I really like for grilled fish.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

6. Back To Top    #6

Yummmmm....Thanks for sharing!
    32000 gallon, inground, fiberglass, Aqua-Rite SWG, Pentair 420 sqft cartridge filter (Installed-ya baby), Hayward Super II pump 1.5 hp, 144k BTU heat pump, Dolphin Dx5 Plus, and a good test kit from Duraleigh!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Melt In The Sun View Post
    That looks great! What seasoning do you use? I have yet to find one I really like for grilled fish.
    Our basic go-to powder seasoning is Rajun Cajun. We switched from Tony Chachere; seems like the RC has a bit less salt and a more spicy kick. But what I really like to use is garlic-instilled olive oil, I make it once a year (1/2lb crushed garlic with 2 liter olive oil, let sit for 2 weeks[room temperature] then decant, add peppercorn [removes cloudiness] and dried rosemary). Now that is great for fish, chicken and steaks.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1 View Post
    Yummmmm....Thanks for sharing!
    I'm now hungry too!! Come-on lunch time.

8. Back To Top    #8

That oil does sound delicious...

I love Tony's and use it on lots of stuff, but I've never really enjoyed it on fish. Oh well!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden