Outdoor TV / Articulating Mount

pragmatic

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2011
Friendswood, TX
It was difficult to decide on the perfect spot and mount; I wanted viewing from 3 angles and then retract/fold when not in use. Protecting from weather just added to the problem; to cover/not to cover is the question. I also refused to spend more than a total of $400; DIY-mount & cable run (was not fun) $80 for the mount (Frys-Barkan), $160 for TV (46" Panasonic Viera plasma from CL), $30 for electrical and cable. It's not perfect but a happy medium and viewable from hot-tub, bar, fireplace and the covered patio sitting area.
DSC_3629_zpse426c201.jpg

DSC_3630_zpsb4d27900.jpg

DSC_3617_zpsa9a544fa.jpg

DSC_3628_zps749e9e1d.jpg

Looks good.
I'm in the process of doing something similar. Well, sorta in the process. Whenever I get around to finishing it up, but as long as I'm finished by Spring, I will be happy.

Gonna mount a 32" under my covered patio, and another 48" on the back of my house so it'seasily watchable from pool side.

Looks good. I have the spot chosen but haven't done anything yet. We have direct TV but it's wired, son-in-law just got the wireless version and had his TV mounted and was watching football from his pool the first weekend they moved in. I have to call and see what they charge to switch it ours to wireless.

Looks good.
I'm in the process of doing something similar. Well, sorta in the process. Whenever I get around to finishing it up, but as long as I'm finished by Spring, I will be happy.

Gonna mount a 32" under my covered patio, and another 48" on the back of my house so it'seasily watchable from pool side.
I was thinking of going with two TV's as well! We hosted a Texans party yesterday and exactly what I feared happened-3 people bumped their heads!

Looks good. I have the spot chosen but haven't done anything yet. We have direct TV but it's wired, son-in-law just got the wireless version and had his TV mounted and was watching football from his pool the first weekend they moved in. I have to call and see what they charge to switch it ours to wireless.
Thank you! Our neighbors went the wireless route; it's nice to be able to store in the house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.