Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Outdoor TV / Articulating Mount

1. Back To Top    #1

Outdoor TV / Articulating Mount

It was difficult to decide on the perfect spot and mount; I wanted viewing from 3 angles and then retract/fold when not in use. Protecting from weather just added to the problem; to cover/not to cover is the question. I also refused to spend more than a total of $400; DIY-mount & cable run (was not fun) $80 for the mount (Frys-Barkan), $160 for TV (46" Panasonic Viera plasma from CL), $30 for electrical and cable. It's not perfect but a happy medium and viewable from hot-tub, bar, fireplace and the covered patio sitting area.

Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Outdoor TV / Articulating Mount

Looks good.
    I'm in the process of doing something similar. Well, sorta in the process. Whenever I get around to finishing it up, but as long as I'm finished by Spring, I will be happy.

Gonna mount a 32" under my covered patio, and another 48" on the back of my house so it'seasily watchable from pool side.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks good. I have the spot chosen but haven't done anything yet. We have direct TV but it's wired, son-in-law just got the wireless version and had his TV mounted and was watching football from his pool the first weekend they moved in. I have to call and see what they charge to switch it ours to wireless.
    Finally Done! - 21x34 IG, SWCG, depth - 3.6 - 4.6 - 6.6, Pentair IntelliFlow 3050 vs+svrs, 60 sq ft Pentair DE Filter, 400k BTU Heater, Polaris 280 w/.75 hp booster pump, Pentair EasyTouch wireless, 38 sq ft raised spa, wet edge Barbados quartz finish - ODK w/36 in Napoleon grill

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    Looks good.
    I'm in the process of doing something similar. Well, sorta in the process. Whenever I get around to finishing it up, but as long as I'm finished by Spring, I will be happy.

Gonna mount a 32" under my covered patio, and another 48" on the back of my house so it'seasily watchable from pool side.
    I was thinking of going with two TV's as well! We hosted a Texans party yesterday and exactly what I feared happened-3 people bumped their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by Readyforapool View Post
    Looks good. I have the spot chosen but haven't done anything yet. We have direct TV but it's wired, son-in-law just got the wireless version and had his TV mounted and was watching football from his pool the first weekend they moved in. I have to call and see what they charge to switch it ours to wireless.
    Thank you! Our neighbors went the wireless route; it's nice to be able to store in the house.
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks good man. I heard U-verse has a wireless box so all you would need to get a signal would be a power cord. I hope to put something up by next swimming season.
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build