a few SLAM questions -
1) when SLAMing, should filter cycles be turned off and circulation pump only be left on 24x7? I have ability to program it this way.... my understanding is that FC will drop with aeration and bather load and organics, so I'm wondering if filter cycle counts as aeration time.......
2) does higher water temp (98F) affect FC loss more? or should OCLT rules hold for a spa as much as a pool? this is a covered outdoor spa with NO sun exposure during this SLAM being checked only late at night.
3) If a day or two are missed in the SLAM process, am I back to square one? very difficult with work schedule to check every day even once a day (OOT). Have others had success with just slogging away at it when they can?
4) If the spa is used during the SLAM process, am I back to square one? water has always been clear so hard to resist using it...but FC won't hold and CC hovers 0.5-1
5) can spa pillows hold organics? I've pulled them and dumped them in a bucket of bleachy water to sit overnight
6) has anyone had to replace the weir just to remove the last of the organics? mine is under the waterline, so shouldn't that be enough exposure to eventually get it clean?
7) is the SLAM after a Baqua to chlorine conversion more prolonged and painful than if I had just always had chlorine or bromine in the spa?