Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Heat Pump info

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Heat Pump info

For anyone thinking of buying Jandy "EE" series heat pumps, I received this from Jandy:

The EE model and parts are still available but they were discontinued as of this year. We will indeed support it for another several years however, at one point it will become difficult to find parts for the EE heat pump. I would suggest, as a pool owner myself, consider the JE before the EE.

I was thinking of buying the EE1500, but now they made it larger and reduced performance considerably:
    EE1500T Jandy Pro Series 80K BTU, 7.2 COP, 410A, 230V/60Hz/1 Phase, Heater, Titanium, Digital, 26" x 35"
    JE1500T Jandy Pro Series Heat 72K BTU, 5.5 COP, 410A, 230V/60HZ, 1 Phase, Jandy Interface, 33" x 39"

Off to do more research.
    IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    48 PentAir DE Filter with backwash valve
    PentAir Whisperflo pump with 1hp 2-speed motor
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    Intermatic Dual Timeclock with freezeguard
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Jandy Heat Pump info

Quote Originally Posted by tcat View Post
    For anyone thinking of buying Jandy "EE" series heat pumps, I received this from Jandy:

The EE model and parts are still available but they were discontinued as of this year. We will indeed support it for another several years however, at one point it will become difficult to find parts for the EE heat pump. I would suggest, as a pool owner myself, consider the JE before the EE.

I was thinking of buying the EE1500, but now they made it larger and reduced performance considerably:
    EE1500T Jandy Pro Series 80K BTU, 7.2 COP, 410A, 230V/60Hz/1 Phase, Heater, Titanium, Digital, 26" x 35"
    JE1500T Jandy Pro Series Heat 72K BTU, 5.5 COP, 410A, 230V/60HZ, 1 Phase, Jandy Interface, 33" x 39"

Off to do more research.
    Afaik Jandy doesn't make their own heat pumps. The c.o.p. of 7.2 seems a little bit far fetched to me. I doubt they have not reduced the real world efficiency of the product. Instead they are likely starting to truthfully rate them.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool