I have a Hayward IDL1 400k BTU heater that I am looking to replace. The reviews I have read on new Hayward heaters werenít great and so after doing some reading on here I am leaning towards getting the Raypack 406k Natural Gas from the website below. (009219 on that site).
I just have a couple of questions that I was hoping I to answer before I pull the trigger.
1. What is the difference between the Cupro-Nickel and the regular version? Is the Cupro-Nickel worth the extra money?
2. Is this heater 110 or 220V? My Hayward is 220V so I am trying to figure out if I will have to run new wires. I would assume I should already have 110V out there for other stuff like the salt water generator but I havenít checked it out yet.
3. I was thinking about adding a manual bypass when I did the install so that the heater only gets water when I turn it on but the description for this heater says it has a built in bypass. Does this mean bypassing it externally is unnecessary?
4. Any bad experiences with this online store? I read a few threads that recommended them but I am cautious with such a large purchase to a store I have never used.
5. Anything else I am missing?