Cyclone Blower questions

Task

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 18, 2013
West Grove, PA
Hey everyone,
Closed my pool this year and ended up investing in a cyclone blower. Didn't realize until after I bought it that it doesn't come with a hose. Any recommendations on the best type of hose to buy for the blower? I checked out shop vac hoses at lowes and home depot, but it was tough finding the right diameter hose (about 1 1/4 inch) to connect to the blower properly.

Also, the instructions on the blower aren't very detailed. It states that the cyclone blower can be used to set a liner (not that I need to set one anytime soon), but it doesn't specify how to change the unit over from the blower setting to a suction setting to set the liner. Anyone familiar with how to do this? mainly just for my curiosity as my liner is only a year old. When my PB set my liner, he definitely used the exact same Cyclone unit to do it, but at the time I wasn't really paying attention to his blower set up as I was more interested in learning how the liner goes in.

The cyclone is suction and blower at the same time. Blower is on top and suction is in side, you should see the threaded unions there. If it didn't come with a 1.5" mpt/ barbed Fitting, you can get one at any hardware store. I have made several connections for clients pools, using a 1.5" mpt/slip union which I glue spa flex into, then glue the proper fitting on the other end. Play around with it a bit, you will see how it works.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.