Pool/Spa in Iowa

Just moved into my house sadly it's late enough in the season I will be closing it soon. Ive been reading for months before I even got the pool on TFPC, already have the k-2006 kit and I have everything in order except for the cya. It was full of broke down leaves and no chlorine when I moved in so there is some staining but I raised it to shock level for the few weeks till I close it.. It needs drained and a new liner soon so I'll just get it done in the spring but the spa has been fun so far! After scrubbing the stains out of it will a magic eraser that is.. I don't have an updated clean pictures

Ph 7.28
Tc- 40
Cya-400
Ta-80

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 21
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 20
Your test results are dubious.

K-2006 cannot measure 7.28pH or a CYA of 400

If your CYA is really that high, the pool is virtually unmanageable and you should consider some partial drain/refills.

If you have any photos please feel free to post along with any questions. Happy to help you get control of the CYA now or in spring if you're doing a liner ;)

I posted some pictures! I just saw the responses. I actually used a pH probe from my works lab to get my pH! I had to dilute it a lot to check CYA, so I bought some stripes to double check and its color wasn't even on the scale! I know they just used powder pH up and down, chlorine packets, and the non-poly algecide! I started getting the chemicals lined out and when the pool company blew out the lines they dumped more chlorine bags in it so.. That's 4 bags of chlorine and 16 bottles of bleach! Hope there is a liner this March.

I was curious about next winter since its already closed this year.. since the system can be split between pool and spa, would it be possible to have the pump run 24/7, a insulated cover, and the heater >70 degrees and prevent freezing since the pipes go under the ground? I have a whole home generator in the possibility of power outage and my heater is natural gas..?