Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No flow light on Aquarite after replacing single speed pump motor for two speeds

1. Back To Top    #1

No flow light on Aquarite after replacing single speed pump motor for two speeds

I replaced today the a single speed pump motor for a two speeds one and now the No flow light on my Aquarite is solid red. It used to work fine. Now get the solid red light on both speeds. I waited a while and nothing happened. Any ideas of what might be causing it? Is there a way to reset the unit?

Thanks,
    10080 gallons 28x12 rectangular pool. 1HP Hayward Maxiflo pump. 75 sqft Hayward Cartridge Filter. SWG Hayward Aquarite. iRobot Verro 300 Pool Cleaner. Plaster color Pewter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No flow light on Aquarite after replacing single speed pump motor for two speeds

Did you check your returns for water flow and is it the same as before?

Did you mess with the SWG flow switch at all?

Check the SWG flow switch wire for any breaks. If you have an ohm meter, you can check for continuity when water is flowing.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: No flow light on Aquarite after replacing single speed pump motor for two speeds

The returns water flow is the same when the pump is running on high, on low there is flow, but less which I guess is expected.

I did not touch the SWG flow switch at all. Wires do not have any visible breaks. I do not own an ohm meter, but can get one if necessary.

Not sure if this makes any difference, but I removed the single speed motor and did not install the new one until 2 days later. Could the fact that there was no water on the pipes for a couple of days, made the flow switch fail?

Is there a way to reset the whole thing to see if it works.
    10080 gallons 28x12 rectangular pool. 1HP Hayward Maxiflo pump. 75 sqft Hayward Cartridge Filter. SWG Hayward Aquarite. iRobot Verro 300 Pool Cleaner. Plaster color Pewter.

4. Back To Top    #4

No I doubt that had anything to do with it.

One other check is that you can temporarily bypass the flow switch by putting in a jumper across the board connection just to see if that will get the SWG running. If it does, then there is something wrong with the switch and/or wire.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks. Will try that.