deformed valves?

Hello everybody. I recently took over care of an uncared for pool. I'm now chasing down air leaks and went to replace the o rings on the pentair 2 and 3 way valves. There is a 3 way valve on the suction side feeding directly into the pump. It has returns from skimmer and main drain on one side and the spa drain on the other. This valve has been very difficult to turn. I thought cleaning and replacing the orings would loosen it up. Upon examination it appears as if the valve body is deformed. I examined how the diverter rests in the valve body with the top off. The diverter will seat flush against the spa side but must be forced hard up against the pool side and does not seat properly. This also lines up with its will turn easily to spa, and must be forced hard to pool side and will not completely close the pool side drains.

Is this normal, or a known problem that occurs?

How to fix? I think replacing this valve will require replumbing the entire suction side because there is no slack in the pipes, everything is right next to something else.

There are other valves that are difficult to turn, have not taken them apart yet.

Thanks for any and all input.

Max.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.