Ladder anchors

pooladdict

TFP Guide
In The Industry
May 14, 2007
New Brunswick Canada
Ok, after my seventh swcg pool and having issues removing ladders and handrails. I believe its due to what seems a calcium or salt build up locking them in better then any glue known to man! I got them all out after numerous struggles.

Question is...

What can I put in these to ensure easy removal next year? Coat them in o ring lube or something similar?

The anchors are probably aluminum. Aluminum is a poor choice for pool use products especially since it's connected to the bonding grid which subjects it to accelerated galvanic corrosion because it's anodic to most other metals on the bonding grid. Brass anchors are a much better choice.

If they are aluminum, it might be worthwhile to replace them with brass anchors.

If you want to reuse them, a non-toxic food grade grease might be helpful.

Here is the trick. Get some marine grade lube, next year pump an inch of it in each anchor. With rubber gloves on, stick your hand in and spread it around all over. Give another good squirt in the bottom then put the ladder in.

I did that this spring after last fall struggling in the cold to get the ladder out. This fall, it literally popped out in seconds!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.