Suntouch Control System

paulv4

LifeTime Supporter
May 26, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Beginning install of a Pentair Suntouch.

This is probably the first of hopefully not too many questions.:)

Have a Goldline valve actuator with stripped wire only at the terminals of my Goldline Solar Controller.

Ordered a 3 pin terminal. How is the terminal wired to connect to the Suntouch. Does the gnd black go to the middle pin?

Thanks!

There are 2 wires that carry +24V power to the actuator (one or the other, this determines the direction the actuator turns) and then a "ground" wire for the power to return.

I am guessing that the black is the ground and would be in the middle and the other 2 wires could go on the outsides.

I do not have the ability to put eyes on an actuator until this evening.

As long as you get the ground right, the other two don't matter. The switch on the actuator will reverse the direction it moves.

Forgot about this. Pulled my extra Intermatic out of the closet:

e5e7a6y2.jpg

qu4avuqy.jpg

Yes, they are the same.

I disconnected the actuator from the screw terminals on the Goldline solar controller, and wired the 3 pin connector, and it works fine.

Haven't started the Suntouch yet, but must use the 3 pin since the Suntouch has no screw in option.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the solar touch control. I think it's the same plug. It looks like the only thing that hold the wires in place is the pins. The wires go in one way and the pins are at a 90 angle barely holding the striped wire in place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.