Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Junk in cleaner feed line

1. Back To Top    #1

Junk in cleaner feed line

I have to clean the filter/strainer at the beginning of the feed hose to the Kreepy Krauly Legend pool cleaner every 3 to 4 days or it will not move. It has a boost pump on it and a sole hookup on pool wall. Is this normal? I thought this would be filtered water going to the cleaner so how is this trash getting in this one line. I don't see trash by the returns so i can't say the filter is not working.
    12K gal, custom flipped kidney bean with spillover spa. All Pentair equipment, Whisperflo 1 1/2 HP, 400K BTU heater, Intellichlor IC 40 SWG, CCP-320 Cartridge filters, Kreepy Krauly pool cleaner with bootster pump, QuartzScapes in Aruba Sky blue, LED lights and travertine tiles for decking and stones on rear edge for landscaping. TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Junk in cleaner feed line

Are you sure the booster pump inlet is after the filter? Post up a picture of your equipment pad.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

[IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/23/9f458aae86b42fd7320ef60ec6cc203c.jpg[/IMG ]
    These are some older pictures, i'll get a better one when i get home.
    12K gal, custom flipped kidney bean with spillover spa. All Pentair equipment, Whisperflo 1 1/2 HP, 400K BTU heater, Intellichlor IC 40 SWG, CCP-320 Cartridge filters, Kreepy Krauly pool cleaner with bootster pump, QuartzScapes in Aruba Sky blue, LED lights and travertine tiles for decking and stones on rear edge for landscaping. TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

This one didn't load.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hard to see the booster suction line, but it sure does look like it is after the filter and heater.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

If you could get a picture from directly above the booster pump showing where the intake and output lines connect that would be very helpful.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Since the water that feeds the booster pump is already filtered, (as you already know) there is no way that that water can contain enough physical debris to plug or interfere with your cleaner. What does this debris look like? I may be misunderstanding something but the scenario you describe doesn't seem possible.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School