Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: need advice on adding a acid injector system

1. Back To Top    #1

need advice on adding a acid injector system

I am considering adding a acid injector into my pool.. I have a swg for chlorine production but seem to need 2 pts every other day to keep my ph in the proper range. sometimes I am out of town for a week and would like set up an automatic acid feeder system and don't know what the choices are
    or how to install one

my chemistry is as follows: FC 4.6 TC 4.6 PH 7.6 but up to 7.8 every other day.

TA 70 CH 500 CYA 70 Salt 5000

16,500 gal 3m quartz plaster, infloor cleaning system, 1 hp hayward, northstar pump for cleaning system and 1 hp hayward, northstar pump for water feature. 700 sq. ft. cart. filter with 150 gal per min. flow rate. Hayward mdl. C7020STA

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: need advice on adding a acid injector system

Acid feed systems are very rare on private pools. Unless you want to go the DIY route it is going to be fairly expensive. The simplest approach is to use an acid tank and pump on a timer. For a fancier system you could add a PH sensor and controller.

The only systems sold for consumers are the AutoPilot Total Control system and Goldline ProLogic. Lower end commercial systems are available in the same price range with more choices over features but less help figuring out which parts you need and how to install the system.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: need advice on adding a acid injector system

If you are the handy type and don't mind experimenting some, you can try this setup. I started using this setup early this year and it has proven to work fairly well. Depending on the hieght of your pool, this could work for you but it requires a bit of tweaking to get the draw rates correct.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner