LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2014
Pittsburg, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
WE enjoyed the pool until a week ago but now the temperature is down to 72*, close to our daily outside temp. {Yes, I know. All of you in cold, rainy and already freezing areas are jealous.} Covered with a floated bubble wrap, it is still losing water and Cl slowly and gaining wind blown debris.
Since the weather here may eventually get down to mid 30s, really no concern about freezing.
Still running pump via skimmer nightly at low speed and checking chlorine and pH with TF-100

What maintenance should I do at least weekly as long as we are not actually swimming?
Today's readings are:
FC 2.5 CC 0 TC 2.5
Ca hardness 200 (painted over fiberglass)
TA 60
CYA 50-60

There leaves and splotches of the yellow algae I have been brushing off the walls and floor.

Thank you for your advice.

You should maintain the chemistry as normal. The FC and pH should certainly be checked at least weekly and likely more often. The rest should not really change much.

As of now, your FC is not high enough according to the FC/CYA Chart and that is why you are now seeing algae. So, you need to follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process to eradicate the algae before you go back to normal maintenance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.