Help with solar ball valve

nomad26

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 2, 2012
This solar ball valve is leaking really bad.
Its in a location where I have no idea how to replace it.

I have about 2 inches on each side I can cut it out but have not a clue of what to put in place of it, there is no flex in-between where this leaky valves sets.
At this point I just need it to stop leaking so I can run my pool.
I need some ideas ???
THanks

Attachments

• IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 36
Is your solar not automated? Can you provide a picture of more of the plumbing?

A Neverlube-type valve would be better than the PVC ball valves, but in this case with no flexibility, I agree with pooladdict that a double union ball valve might be the easiest solution.

Is your solar not automated? Can you provide a picture of more of the plumbing?

A Neverlube-type valve would be better than the PVC ball valves, but in this case with no flexibility, I agree with pooladdict that a double union ball valve might be the easiest solution.

What is a double union ball valve ? And is it as good as a Jandi valve ?
I been studying my situation and I think I can cut it all out and put in a 2 inch Jandi valve in ,
At least I can work on the Jandi if it breaks in the future.
I wish the solar company would have told me to use a Jandi valve in the first place.

Google "double union ball valve" and you will seen lots of them. It is still a ball valve so could stiffen and break (and not be automated). But it is easy to remove and replace the ball valve because of the 2 unions.

The Jandy-type valves are rebuild-able and you can add an actuator if desired.

Thanks for all the advice. I went with the valve that can be replaced and rebuilt . It was a ***** to get it to fit back in the same spot. I didn't think it could be done but I keep looking at it and studying it and thinking about it and came up with a way.
That is a hard lesson . I will not ever use a valve that cannot be rebuilt again.
Thanks so much for your reply :D

Attachments

• IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 19
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.